The potential demand was estimated for each of the regions defined by Transmilenio with the model developed in EMME platform.
Demand risks were identified, especially derived by the starting of other projects in the city, such as subways, suburban train, etc.
The technical advice had the following scope:
- To estimate the current public transport demand from the available information.
- Estimating the potential demand in each of the regions defined by Transmilenio SA.
- To identify travel desires per region and estimate the total volume.
- To develop a demand projection for each region.
- To Identify demand risks, especially by the commissioning of other projects in the city (such as subways, suburban train, etc.)
- To size and optimize fleet for the services of each region, based on the estimated demand and its evolution over time.