The object of the study was to estimate the flow of traffic and revenue during the concession period of the road. The process of estimating the future demand implied:
- Provide a reliable forecast of the evolution of traffic and revenue from the road, for different network configurations.
- Analysis of sensitivity to tariffs.
- Analysis of changes in the management of the road, within the terms of contract, if doing so could optimize profitability.
- Build a traffic growth model that is sensitive to the most important external variables.
- Build the cases (optimistic, base and pessimistic) for the banks.
The project included a wide field work consisting in automatic and manual traffic counts, and origin-destination surveys along the entire road.