The sub-urban transport system is electrical and its income will be obtained from 3 sources: user’s tariff, commercial exploitation of its terminals and commercial exploitation of stations.
In the study an estimate of the demand and revenue, its evolution, and a risk analysis, was given to the operator.
In order to adequately characterize the demand of the corridor, an extensive field work was conducted. It included the following tasks:
- Origin – Destination surveys
- Boarding and alighting counts
- Frequency and Visual Occupation
- Stated Preference Surveys
- Route recognition and travel time data gathering