Federal Highway BR-050 connects the capital of the country, Brasilia (DF) with São Paulo. The section of this road as it passes through the State of São Paulo, under state jurisdiction, has highway characteristics and has numerous tolls. However, the section that runs through the states of Minas Gerais and Goiás is not in such good condition. Even so, it is still the fastest and safest way to access the capital from the south of the country.
The BR-262 is a transverse highway that connects the states of Espirito Santo, Minas Gerais, São Paulo and Mato Grosso do Sul. The sections under study had one lane in each direction and difficult transit on the section between Vitoria and Joao Monlevade.
- The information provided by the Administration was analysed;
- a classified traffic count campaign was carried out;
- a network model was built with GIS data published by the IBGE and validated its speeds and road characteristics with a floating vehicle;
- an exhaustive characterization of trips, origins-destinations, current demand was carried out;
- the effect of toll fees was studied;
- and to obtain the results of traffic and revenue, a growth model was constructed.